“Press” Release: After some discussion I can kind of confirm that for next years races I will be riding an On-One Scandal 29er, with some lovely rigid super-light carbon forks. I’ll be able to see where I’m going through out the dark bits of 24hr races and the like with Dinotte lights, so there will be no excuse for me to finish races away from the podium.
“Real” Story: I emailed the ever helpful Brant at on-one, cheekily asking for some free stuff to race on, i mentioned i’d be racing – and winning – anyway so it might as well be aboard his stuff.
Shockingly, he didn’t swear at me at all in his reply, or even tell me to sod off in any way. In fact he seemed to like the idea of me representing him, so he said I could have some stuff.
So there you are.
I’ll be definately doing the following races on a lovely Scandal 29er (which I’ve yet to pick up):
- SSMM 24hr 07, solo
- CLIC 24hr 07, solo
- SITS 24hr 07, solo
- Bontrager 24/12 24hr 07, solo
- Enduro 6+ 07, solo
- and I’m working out how i can get to Strathpuffer 24hr 07 as well
- Some of the Merida 100k races
- 3 Peaks cyclocross (this was Brant’s idea, and sounds “fun” and different)
- defending my Leisure Lakes winter XC Title (and the summer xc title as well)
- and anything else I or Brant can think of that sounds good
Oh, I’m still looking for support for the 24hr solo races, be nice and agree to help and I’ll pay for all the travelling/food/beer costs and promise not to swear at you! Who knows, I may even split any winnings with you as well!
Now, where’s that training plan…